Pages

My. Mix Tape.

"Greenleaf" - The Generationals

Friday, December 18, 2009

My 15 Favorite Albums of 2009

Just like my 50 favorite tracks, this selection wasn't a scientific process, but rather the selection of the albums from 2009 that I listened to the most - front-to-back, back-to-front, on shuffle, or perhaps on repeat my entire journey home for Thanksgiving.

The positioning is also loosely justified (although my #1 choice was indeed my favorite album of 2009). Why 15, you might ask? Because many of the other albums I had in heavy rotation this year were actually released in 2008 (a list for another time, perhaps). When I started pondering this list, it just so happened that 15 was the closest round-number that resembled a suitable and bona fide list (like I said, it's not a scientific process).

I invite you to leave your favorite albums of 2009 in the comment section, because sharing new and favorite music is what this blog is all about.

(15) Bowerbirds - "Upper Air"

Northern Lights





(14) Modest Mouse - "No One's First and You're Next"

Autumn Beds




(13) The xx - "xx"

Basic Space





(12) Bear In Heaven - "Beast Rest Forth Mouth"

Lovesick Teenagers




(11) Monsters of Folk - "Monsters of Folk"

Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)





(10) The Decemberists - "The Hazards of Love"

The Hazards of Love 4




(9) Dan Auerbach - "Keep It Hid"

When the Night Comes





(8) Matt & Kim - "Grand"

Daylight





(7) Cymbals Eat Guitars - "Why There Are Mountains"

...And the Hazy Sea




(6) The Low Anthem - "Oh My God, Charlie Darwin"

To Ohio




(5) Grizzly Bear - "Veckatimest"

Two Weeks





(4) Phoenix - "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix"

Lisztomania





(3) Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - "Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros"

Home




(2) Dirty Projectors - "Bitte Orca"

No Intention





(1) Animal Collective - "Merriweather Post Pavilion"

Lion In A Coma

No comments: