Pages

My. Mix Tape.

"Greenleaf" - The Generationals

Monday, September 28, 2009

The most legitimate comment I've seen this season from a Packers fan.

I was reading a recap from NFL Sunday yesterday and I happened upon this comment after the story from a Packers fan:

Packerlandfan: I am a long time Packers fan and was always a huge Favre fan, but that has changed. I will not cheer for Favre on Sundays. I won't boo him either. I don't wish anything bad on him. But, he is not a Packer any longer. I think the blame for that lies equally with Packers management and Brett Favre. I will always respect what he did in Green Bay, both on the field and for what he and Deanna contributed to the community. I miss cheering Brett on, but I honestly believe that Aaron Rodgers was our future and by keeping Favre, we would have lost him. Enjoy him Vikings. He's fun to watch.

This is a real fan. He loves his team and he loves his players, but if they move beyond his stadium, he doesn't worry about them. I think every thought in that comment is spot on - kudos. Everyone needs to end their vendetta against Favre or their worship of him and just cheer their team on, regardless of whether or not their QB waffled, or ate too many waffles (JaMarcus Russel).

No comments: