Pages

My. Mix Tape.

"Greenleaf" - The Generationals

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I understand why McHale is leaving, but I don't understand this.


Yesterday, the Timberwolves' new GM, Dave Kahn, put the media at ease by finally announcing the departure of Kevin McHale. I spent much of my evening watching the press conference and reading reactions to the news and I was happy that Kahn's ready to move in a new direction. However, I woke up this morning to the news that Kahn is looking to deal the one Wolves player (Al Jefferson) that you could build around, for Amar'e Stoudemire.

Al Jefferson is the best low-post scorer in the league. If you gave him as many touches as Shaq got in his prime, he would put up similar numbers, not to mention he's a better free throw shooter. I've listened to execs, broadcasters and players discuss how amazing his footwork is. He will be a perennial All Star soon and he's younger than Stoudemire. Plus, Amar'e could opt-out in 2010, meaning we could lose Stoudemire, Jefferson and this year's 6th pick by 2010. No deal Howie.

No comments: